Wednesday, November 9, 2016
Blog #7
After reading the the article "EJ in Focus" I agree with his overall lesson about teaching grammar to student: changing ones perspective. Being a teacher we usually get complacent in how we teach students because if it's not broke don't fix it right? But with this thinking what happens is that the Teacher doesn't take into account that all students learn differently and that they need to change it to meet the needs of each individual. By EJ stating how he kept changing how he taught grammar as a way to help students learn grammar was something that he kept striving to do because he was trying to help students the best way he could. Besides that the article explains how we as teachers need to realize that students learn and write in different forms besides just in academic writing. When you only look at academic writing you have students believe that they only can implement grammar in academic writing instead of seeing it in your everyday life.
Philosophy:
My philosophy is that grammar isn't something you necessarily learn. But it's something you naturally do.[ I started my sentence with but to emphasize that grammar isn't learned but it's something that happens naturally.] Because of that I want to take natural writing that students have and show how we all know how to write and teaching grammar is just taking what students do naturally and just enhance them. This is why for my final portfolio I want to take examples from my writing and other student writing to show how with grammar it's already in your paper and it sometimes just needs to be tweaked to fit a grammar pattern. By doing my scrapbook I wanted it to almost be like a book and having people see pictures and examples of these writing grammar to show that this happens in everyday writing. But i also want to show where I mess up at. The reason is to show that leading grammar there will be a lot of mistakes that will happen, but you have to learn to work past that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment